Operations and Development Assistant (Part-time)
Under the supervision of the Operations and Development Manager of the Campaign for Youth Justice (CFYJ), the Operations and Development Assistant is responsible for providing development and administrative support for the organization and for implementing internal policies and procedures to make the organization run smoothly.
The Operations and Development will:
- Complete monthly corporate credit card reconciliations for entire organization.
- Complete weekly filing for accounts payable as outlined in CFYJ financial handbook.
- Deposit any revenue to the bank and complete weekly filing for all revenue as outlined in CFYJ financial handbook.
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to: answering phones, maintaining office supplies inventory, mailing, filing, photocopying.
- Assist senior staff with travel prep including handling travel requests and assembling/mailing materials for presentation and distribution.
- Maintain list of annual conferences and presentation track deadlines.
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conference room schedule among office sub-leasees;
- Assist CEO with Board meetings, scheduling, and keeping files of minutes and contacts.
- Assist with managing vendor relationships including suppliers, banks, landlords, security, consultants, or other third parties doing business with CFYJ.
- Collect resumes for 3-4 internship positions available at CFYJ each semester.
- Organize CFYJ Fellowship orientations and coordinate fellow and intern activities including the Summer Institute.
- Conduct exit interview with fellows for feedback each semester.
- Assist with supervision of Operations and Development Fellow.
- Respond to all Prisoner Correspondence Requests in a timely manner.
- Keep Correspondence addresses updated.
- Coordinate Flikshop mailings 1-2 times/year.
- Event planning support (ordering food, creating invitations, keeping attendance list, writing thank-you’s, etc).
GRANT RESEARCH AND FILING
- Work with the Operations and Development Manager to find new grant opportunities to research.
- Write outreach emails or Letters of Interest as needed.
DATA ENTRY AND DONATION PROCESSING
- Assistant is primary point person for updating, adding and maintaining donor, member and prospect constituent records in the Nation Builder database.
- Responsible for gift entry process. Includes copying checks, taking checks to bank, and reconciling deposits.
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other reports.
- Manage donation and membership acknowledgement process (sending thank you notes that comply with IRS guidelines).
- Respond to phone and email inquiries
MAILINGS & MAIL LIST MAINTENANCE
- Perform database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other organizational mailings.
CFYJ does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool, including those impacted by the criminal justice system, and embraces an equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) workplace.