Spring 2019 Research & Policy Legal Fellow with the Campaign for Youth Justice
The Research & Policy Fellow (1 Fellow Position): The Research and Policy Fellow will intern part-time in the CFYJ office. Fellow responsibilities may include tracking and researching different justice-related policies (local, state, federal) or proposed policies (reform bills) that could impact CFYJ’s current or future projects, and assisting with various research-related tasks. These tasks may include quantitative and/or qualitative data collection, data entry, and/or analysis, preparing literature reviews, drafting blog entries for CFYJ’s website, and assisting with specific state-level policy requests. Fellows will also have the opportunity to attend local and federal briefings and hearings.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an avid interest in juvenile justice reform;
- Is interested in research and policy;
- Is detail oriented and organized;
- Is enthusiastic about gaining a new knowledge base;
- Has a professional work ethic;
- Can work independently, problem solve, and take initiative;
- Has prior work or volunteer experience with a community-based organization and/or youth; and
- Has knowledge of legal search engines, Microsoft Office, and other database and presentation software packages.
All undergraduate or graduate students, or those with 1-3 years relevant experience in the juvenile justice system may apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover letter indicating your experience and interest in juvenile justice reform
- List of two to three references
- Writing sample (two to five pages)
Please submit your application materials as MS Word or PDF attachments. Include all attachments in a single email. Please include, “CFYJ Research and Policy Fellow Application” in the subject line of your email.
CFYJ does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool, including those impacted by the criminal justice system, and embraces an equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) workplace.