Fall 2018 Research & Policy Legal Fellow with the Campaign for Youth Justice
The Research & Policy Legal Fellow (1 Fellow Position): The Research and Policy Legal Fellow will intern part-time in the CFYJ office. Fellow responsibilities may include tracking and researching different justice-related policies (local, state, federal) or proposed policies (reform bills) that could impact CFYJ’s current or future projects, and assisting with various research-related tasks. These tasks may include quantitative and/or qualitative data collection, data entry, and/or analysis, preparing literature reviews, drafting blog entries for CFYJ’s website, and assisting with specific state-level policy requests. Fellows will also have the opportunity to attend local and federal briefings and hearings.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an avid interest in juvenile justice reform;
- Is interested in research and policy;
- Applicants must be pursuing a law degree;
- Is detail oriented and organized;
- Is enthusiastic about gaining a new knowledge base;
- Has a professional work ethic;
- Can work independently, problem solve, and take initiative;
- Has prior work or volunteer experience with a community-based organization and/or youth;
- Has knowledge of legal search engines, Microsoft Office, and other database and presentation software packages.
HOW TO APPLY
- Cover letter indicating your experience and interest in juvenile justice reform
- List of two to three references
- Writing sample (two to five pages)
Please submit your application materials as MS Word or PDF attachments. Include all attachments in a single email. Please include, “CFYJ 2018 Fall Research and Policy Legal Fellow Application” in the subject line of your email.